Monday, June 23, 2008

Then I made some friends...

In high school, I got away from drawing superheroes and whatnot and started drawing my friends.

This is from Sophomore Year. I did it on a lark, but the style of this became quite popular among my friends and classmates.

I reapproached it senior year to do an "update" to the original drawing. By this point I'd started to get sick of doing these type s of drawings.However, when I presented two different versions of the Italy and Greece trip (the other involved a quilt of realistic portraits of the people from the trip), everyone really wanted me to do it in the original style. So to try to make it a little more interesting for myself, I threw in some architecture and a lot of the people are posed in reference to various pieces of art we saw while on the trip.

No comments: